Reminiscing about such occasions we arrived at our Term 2 theme – ‘3 Course Meals’. This term our LittleCooks have prepared several Entrées, Mains and Desserts and have learned how to set a table properly!
Recently, my oldest son Samuel and his friend Stefan were on ‘Sticky TV’, competing in the Sticky Diner Competition. Their challenge was to prepare a 3-Course meal for 9 people with 30 minutes for the Entrée, 1 hour for the Main and 45 minutes for the Dessert! Let’s not overlook the 20 minutes for shopping and a budget of $150.00. The boys came a long way, made it happen, and did a marvellous job. Needless to say I am a very proud Mum. Check out the gorgeous lads below.
Here is a snapshot of the 3 course themes we have covered this term. (If you would like a copy of any of these recipes drop us at email@example.com)
THEME – Italian
- Entrée White Bean Dip and Bruschetta
- Main Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Dessert Mini Italian Apple Cakes
- Entrée Curried Kumara soup with Alphabet Toast
- Main Sausage Rolls with Apple
- Dessert Hokey Pokey Cupcake Cones